cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Set up

Morgan2012
Apprentice

Printer: Canon Prixma mg5420

I am currently in college and am using the campus wifi for all of my devices. When I go to set up my printer it says it found the wifi (Student-Wireless) and is using it. I have installed the software CD that came with it but when I look under my control panel at the printers it is not an option on their. How would I fix it (I am using a toshiba with Windows 8).

-Morgan V. 

1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi Morgan2012,

Generally, connecting a wireless printer to a college network can introduce a number of issues.  First and foremost, since the printer is connected to a common network that several students can access, any one of them can add and use the printer without your permission.  College networks often have more specialized security settings as well that may limit reliable communication to the printer.

For these reason, we suggest using a USB cable connection in a college network environment.  If you still wish to connect the printer to the network, I recommend contacting your network administrator for some setup suggestions.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements