cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PIXMA MX922 work after sitting for years?

timmylostboy
Apprentice

my MX922 has been sitting for round 6 years, ink ran out and or is dried up. 

am I wrong to assume that the will will still work after i put new ink in it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Anything is possible but if ink has been allowed to dry up in the printhead, it may be extremely difficult to get it cleaned and working again.   If clogged, i suspect you will go through quite a bit of ink deep cleaning the print head and restoring print quality.  There's no way to tell without trying..  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Anything is possible but if ink has been allowed to dry up in the printhead, it may be extremely difficult to get it cleaned and working again.   If clogged, i suspect you will go through quite a bit of ink deep cleaning the print head and restoring print quality.  There's no way to tell without trying..  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

timmylostboy
Apprentice

thanks, 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements