cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the best Canon printer for graphic work (please expert opinion only)

kieranedwards23
Apprentice

Hello, community! I'm planning to buy a printer for my graphic design work. Please suggest a good device that produces quality results and has a fast turnaround time. I recently read a blog that recommended Canon PIXMA IP8720, but I'm still doubting whether it's worth it. I would appreciate it if you could suggest a device based on your experience.

Kieran Edwards
2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't have that printer. I have used the Pro-xxx series for years for my photographic requirements and love them.

However, I would say if you are a serious graphic design person $250 bucks, the cost of a Canon PIXMA IP8720, is not a huge investment even if it doesn't work out for you.  You need to get your feet wet here and find out what works for your particular situation. I am confident the Canon PIXMA IP8720 printer does a good job but is it your job which needs to be answered by you..

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@kieranedwards23 wrote:

Hello, community! I'm planning to buy a printer for my graphic design work. Please suggest a good device that produces quality results and has a fast turnaround time. I recently read a blog that recommended Canon PIXMA IP8720, but I'm still doubting whether it's worth it. I would appreciate it if you could suggest a device based on your experience.

If you call Canon at 1800-OK-CANON they can assist you. They used to have a service where they would print and send to you an image on a printer you were considering. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements