cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find a tutorial for the Canon Pixma MG6220

Ken
Apprentice

I am unable to make full use of the Canon Pixme MG6220 I purchased a few weeks ago. I am an 85 year old geezer and my old printer was pretty straight forward but had limited features whereas this Pixma 6220 is a great machine but I find it most intimidating to use some of its features and have had no luck in finding a tutorial online-------can anyone help me?????

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ken.

The On-Screen Manual for the MG6220 includes instructions and information on how to use the printer.  This can be found on your Desktop or Start Menu.

Additional resources as well as the knowledge base for the unit can be found at this link.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MIchael: can you post that link here please. I am having no luck in finding that very same manual.

marwenpix

the word "link" in his post is a clickable link.  Here's also the link to the manuals: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg6220#B...

I dont know how I did it: I have found the manual, but it's extremely confusing. I am 70, not quite as old as the questioner.  I find this manual has too much content and I cannot find what I need (like almost every web page!). 

We just bought the pixma MG6220 and have installed the driver on both our computers, and it's supposed to work wirelessly, and it does. Mine is a macbook air and we had to use the external drive to do the installation.

But when it came to scanning photos in order to add them to the digital ones, the scanner could only find my husband's PC, not my macbook. I understand that you cannot simultaneously use both computers to scan. Do I have to switch off the other computer to use mine? Or do I have to attach the laptop with a wire to the printer. My laptop is near the new printer, but the husband's PC and modem are further away - but they work. I have spent several hours trying to solve this, which should have a very simple answer, but can find nothing. I didn't understand 99 per cent of the content of the manual, which is very disempowering. Could it not "hide" the more obscure content and make it accessible via specific links. I do not want to plug in the external drive every time I want to use the scanner or printer (I lose the mouse function).

I also find it hard to navigate these community pages! What is tagging?

Hello jofoster70.

For additional assistance with your issues, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements