cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8322 print too light and spotty

jp8
Contributor

The first one I bought and received 12/31/20 broke. The warranty replacement of 7/15/2021 had problems after six months. Now I am told the warranty has expired. I sent emails about the problem before the warranty expired.

It prints too light and spotty in all colors. Running the cleaning routine does not help. It is unusable. At this point it, the replacement, is 14 months old and I did not use it very much.

I am VERY DISSATISFIED.

Will you fix or replace this thing?

8 REPLIES 8

Mike

Hi jp8,

If you have done multiple cleanings and a ink flush and the issue persists, then your printer has experienced an internal hardware issue and would need to be replaced. 

If your printer is out of it's 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

jp8
Contributor

I paid $188.62 for this and it was delivered 12/31/20. It broke, totally dead, and I got a warranty replacement delivered 7/15/2021. It started having problems in April 2022, and I sent Canon an email about that on 4/27/2022, where I got a reply stating that "email support is no longer available". I made do with a BW laser printer until now. I called and the "Canon Upgrade Program" now will give me a big 10% off a $299.99 printer? 

Would that one last a full year? 

I have not printed more than 500 pages total across BOTH printers. There is probably a counter inside the printer, right?

I can't print here what I think of Canon now and forever.

But you should rename the "Canon Upgrade Program" to "Canon Ripoff Program for junk Canon printers".

jp8
Contributor

No answer, eh?

jp8
Contributor

Still no answer. Here is MY answer. If you do not send me a working printer or a full refund, I will sue Canon. I am tired of this junk equipment foisted off on me and others. I had two of these junk printers, one as a new replacement for the first junk one, and neither one lasted one full year with very light use. 

Confirm that you will send a me a full refund, or that you will send a replacement printer. If not, post the name and address of who will receive my lawsuit. That would be the Registered Agent for Canon.

Hello.

You'll find all of your support options within your My Canon Account at canon.us/account

The warranty for PIXMA products is for one year from the original date of purchase. The warranty is not extended if a unit is replaced. You can find the full warranty terms HERE under "Warranty Info." 

The SECOND printer failed in 8 months, out of warranty startiung from the first one of 12/31/30. What is the Registered Agent to receive the lawsuit? Your JUNK PRINTERS don't last one full year of light use.

Also confirm or deny that there is a print counter in the model. I suspect that there is a counter. In court someone from Canon can access the counter to show that there were around 100 pages printed on the second one, after I demonstrate in court that the printer does not work.

JUNK.

jp8
Contributor

Hey everyone. This is what you get from Canon after spending hours with them on the phone trying to get their JUNK PRINTER to work after it breaks in six months. You get a warranty replacement. Then the replacement fails in 10 months of very light use and you get the shaft because it is beyond the warranty from the original purchase..

Read the emails from the bottom up. The bold parts are from Canon, not me.

Don't worry, Canon, I will have complete prints of all of these emails with nothing x'ed out in court. And this thread. Not printed on a JUNK CANON PRINTER. After court I will post the whole thing online everywhere that I can.

-----------

Canon Support <[Removed Email Per Guidelines]Apr 29 [2022] at 12:52 PM
To: [jp8]

Dear Canon Customer,

Please contact technical support at 1-800-652-2666 phone support hours are Monday – Friday, 8 am – 8 pm EST (excluding major holidays). The technical support representative will be able to troubleshoot your printer. Unfortunately email support is no longer available.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Iris
Admin Support Representative

Special Note: Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via email. If you would prefer to speak to a technician for additional assistance, you may call our special toll-free number for email customers with unresolved issues by dialing 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 8 A.M. - 8 P.M. ET (excluding holidays).

To: [Removed Email Per Guidelines]

Date: 4/27/2022 6:49:05 PM
Subject: Re: [xxxxxxxxxx] - Canon USA Warranty Exchange Shipment Information - Multifunction Inkjet Printer

Email was not sent from a Canon Network!

This thing, the replacement for the first, broken, one, already has burnt out. I have not used it much! It barely prints. Printing is light and streaky and unusable. Is this still covered under warranty? How long are these things suppose to last? Less than 10 months is ridiculous.

On Thursday, July 8, 2021, 07:10:41 PM EDT, <[Removed Email Per Guidelines]> wrote:

Dear [jp8],

We are pleased to confirm that your Canon PIXMA TS8322BK Warranty Exchange, serial number AFWE[xxxxx], has been shipped via FedEx. This item is a replacement for your Canon PIXMA TS8322BK with serial number AFWE[xxxxx].
Shipping and tracking information, including destination address, can be found by clicking on the following link:
https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?tracknumbers=[xxxxxxxxxx]

Please use the packaging material for your Warranty Exchange to return the non-functioning unit. A prepaid return shipping label is included in the pouch on the OUTSIDE of the shipping box. You only need to pack and return the defective unit. Be sure to remove all accessories, such as removable paper trays, print head/cartridges, removable power cord, etc. You may also keep all manuals, software CDs, and other documents.

Once you have boxed and labeled the non-functioning unit, there are several return shipping options available depending on the vendor that the unit will be shipped with. You may deliver the unit to any of the Shipper's Store, Customer Center, or other designated location where the shipper makes regular pick-up stops. Alternatively, you may contact them directly to arrange for pickup (please note that a nominal fee may be charged by the shipper for this service).

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

www.usa.canon.com/support
1-800-OK-CANON
(1-800-652-2666)

When responding to this email, please perform a reply with history so that the following conversational identifier "[THREAD_ID:[xxxxxxxx]]" is included in your response.

jp8
Contributor

I need the Registered Agent to list in the court filing and to send the lawsuit to.

Announcements