cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8320 - Green color is way off.

robc04
Apprentice

Hi,

We bought and set up the printer in September, but this is the first time we tried to pront color. My wife printer out mailing labels and it looked like anything green was very off - maybe a bluish brown color. So, I created a text document in Google Doc with a sentence printed in blue, yellow and green. The blue was close if a little dark. The yellow seemed pretty good. The green was supposed to be a bright green, but it was a brownish dark green. Really far off.

I printed the same text from MS Word and had the same results.. I tired wach of the color correction settings (none, driver, icm) and it has no effect (not sure if it should).  I printed out a test page which seemed fine. The colors were very muted but no banding and every color printed. 

I'm not sure if it is a setting or if the printer is faulty, or maybe this model printer just stinks. Our last Canon printer worked fine out of the box).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi robc04,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Tap the gear icon on the Home screen of your PIXMA TS8320.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Nozzle Check and then Yes.

A test page will print.

Does your test page look like the example below?

TS8320.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, 

Thank you Patrick. My test page did look like that. I had called support and they sent me a new print head and the green does look better. In photos it is pretty good now, but some green text color still varies by alot from what I see on screen. 

Thanks,

Rob

Postina
Apprentice

I have to say, and I have owned many printers and this one, the TS8320 is by far the worst and unreliable I have ever owned.  It never worked properly from day one.  The problem is I have spent a ton of money on new cartridges that I most likely will not get to use AND I have to buy a new printer, but it most definitely will not be a Canon.

Announcements