cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620a printer does not consistently communicate with IMac or Iphone

Mar3
Apprentice

I just purchased my printer, a TR8620a. I have been able to get it to print three times via my iPhone and my home wi-fi, not the Canon dedicated wi fi. But I can no longer get it to print again through the iPhone or by my IMac. the Imac printer function reflects the Canon printer, the printer queue shows the documents I am trying to print. I have re-set the printer multiple times until I get to the message "follow the instructions on your computer or smart phone." Any suggestions for a fix? What am I doing wrong?! Thank you to anyone that can help. I would be so very, very grateful as I have spent hours trying to figure this out!!

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer is connected to the same wifi as the Mac and iPhone, please turn the printer off and then restart your router. Unplug the power cord to the router and let it sit for 30 seconds and then plug it back in and let the network come back up. 

Once that is done, turn the printer back on and on the Mac go into system preferences and remove/add the printer back in printers and scanners. 

If the issue persists and the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for further troubleshooting. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements