cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620, printing envelopes rear tray, 1st envelope prints correctly, 2nd prints wrong side

skharrisla
Apprentice

Have a Word document with 6 envelopes. On a Mac, operating system Sonoma. 

Loading 6 envelopes in the rear tray - 1st envelope prints correctly, 2nd prints on back side.  3rd envelope prints correctly, 4th envelope prints on back side, etc.

I print a lot of envelopes for events so it is essential I get this working.

Anybody know a fix for this?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

On the surface it sounds like you have two sided printing enabled.  Using a word document to print envelopes doesn't sound correct.

I always print envelopes from WORD, but I select envelopes from the mailings tab.  This is rare though because I usually print labels on sheets and just stick those on my envelopes.  Christmas cards for example.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

skharrisla
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. Double sided printing is turned off in the print window on the computer. It doesn't print front and back on one envelope. It prints front on one envelope, and then back on the next one. I don't know if double sided works from the rear tray.  I'm wondering now if there is a double print setting also on the printer. I'll look; can't hurt to try.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If the envelopes are all loaded the same way, how is it printing on the back on the 2nd and 4th envelopes?  If it's pulling the envelope back in and printing on the back then you have duplex turned on or it's the format of your document.  Multiple envelopes don't get printed from a WORD document typically.  While you are in word, tap F1 and search for envelopes.  This option is on the mail tab.  You can also use mail merge if you have a list of addresses or contacts.

Another option is the printer driver.  The printer driver supports envelope printing directly from the rear tray. 

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/s/article/ART177483

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements