cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 stalls on duplex printing, Windows 10 , PDF or word--Acts like it is losing memory

PJS1
Apprentice

Have a TR8520 inkjet which I have used for several years.  It will do a few pages duplex fine.  But on a longer document,  it will stall ( not jam), and then spit out a half printed page.  Then it goes back  as if to start over.

I am trying to do 40+ pages, double-sided document.  Can only do 2 or 3 at a time.  It seems like it loses memory of what it has spooled, and then it stalls for a second, and spits out the half printed page.  This is a PDF or Word-type doc.  Running Windows 10.  Is there a software update for this printer?  Single-sided it can print the whole doc in one pass.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PJS1,

Are you using your PIXMA TR8520 wirelessly?
Or is it connected to your computer via USB?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The USB cable had gotten unplugged from the PC.  I plugged it back in but it didn't make a difference.  It printed one page, then the second page it spit out , OK on one side and half printed on the other and went back to the screen as if beginning the job.  The port that it says it is on is a Standard TCP/IP with port name of DE487B0000000.  It prints out the Windows Test page with that port name.

Announcements