cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for printing from rear tray Canon TR8620

Chris623
Apprentice

We just bought a new TR8620.  Both wife and I are tech illiterate and can't figure out how to print card stock using the rear tray.  Can someone please give us step-by-step instructions so we can write them down and keep beside the printer.  Or, as an alternative can someone tell us where to find that information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

steven-e
Apprentice

In case anyone is still looking for the solution to this. On windows 11, in your Printers & Scanners you'll find your printer. On that printer is the "printing preferences"; this brings up the main utility for the printer. This utility has all the settings (default) for how any program in windows sends the print file to your printer; one such setting is "Paper Source" which you can select "Rear Tray". 
Print what you need from the rear tray, then you can change the paper source back to "Automatically Select" or "Cassette" as needed. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Chris623
Apprentice

PLEASE...........ANYBODY!  We desperately need to print some cardstock labels for my wife's art show tomorrow night.  (9-17)  We need to know how to do it and can't seem to find anyone to help.  Getting panicked here!!!!!!!!! (dang I hate being tech-illiterate!)

Hi!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks, Danny.  I've already been all through the help section.  Wish you could have just answered my question.  Since your a moderator, I'd have thought you'd know how to do this.

The quickest way to get help is to call our PIXMA support line.  You'll need to register your PIXMA TR8620 first and you can do that by clicking HERE.  Once you've done that, give us a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Our support team looks forward to your call!

Okay, thanks.  That helps.

beltbob
Apprentice

Couldn't switch from rear tray to cassette from MS Word or from anywhere in TR8620. Changed to Compatibility mode and printer immediately switched to cassette - also icon on display switched to cassette.

steven-e
Apprentice

In case anyone is still looking for the solution to this. On windows 11, in your Printers & Scanners you'll find your printer. On that printer is the "printing preferences"; this brings up the main utility for the printer. This utility has all the settings (default) for how any program in windows sends the print file to your printer; one such setting is "Paper Source" which you can select "Rear Tray". 
Print what you need from the rear tray, then you can change the paper source back to "Automatically Select" or "Cassette" as needed. 

Announcements