cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping lines when printing on M922

JAALESSI52
Apprentice

My Pixma 922 suddenly started giving me a problem. It skips lines when printing or copying. I cleaned the rollers with the program and with alchol. There are no error messages.

The strange thing is that it prints perfectly if I use duplex printing. Same document. Same computer. Computer is running Windows 10 

0726192045.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JAALESSI52,

Based on your description of the issue, it would appear as though the encoder/timing strip in your PIXMA MX922 is dirty or smudged and would need to be cleaned.  To clean the encoder/timing strip, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article available from Canon's web site:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back. I was away and didn't have access to the printer.
I was able to clean the encoder strip. I am getting the same thing. As long as I use duplex printing it works fine. If I use single sheet. I get the skipping of lines.

Hi JAALESSI52,

It would appear as though your PIXMA MX922 would require service.  It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

chuckpen
Contributor

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved?  My MX922 is doing the same thing.  I replaced the logic module, cleaned the head and the encoder strip.  What was your experience?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. This is the first time I have been here in two years. I ended up replacing the printer head and the issue went away. My guess is it was clogged but that doesn't explain why it would work in duplex.

Announcements