cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow printing & paper jams MX532

guycomo
Apprentice

After a paper jam while doing duplex printing, my MX532 printer is printing with a severe shadow and prone to jamming with an error code 5100.  I cleaned the encoder film and now does not jam as often.  When I try to fix the alignment, it jams (with code 5100) while printing the alignment sheet, so am unable to do a print head alignment. When I do a "Windows Printer Test Page" it prints perfectly.  When I print a nozzle check, the Black ink portion prints 1/8 of an inch to the left of the color prints.  It seems that the printer cartridges goes to far to the left when printing and causes the jam error code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

guycomo
Apprentice

Managed to fix the problem.  There is a strip of felt like material that runs under the printer heads - the right edge had been pushed up a bit and was causing the jams and error codes.  After realigning the heads and cleaning the encoder film again, it prints better than ever.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

guycomo
Apprentice

Managed to fix the problem.  There is a strip of felt like material that runs under the printer heads - the right edge had been pushed up a bit and was causing the jams and error codes.  After realigning the heads and cleaning the encoder film again, it prints better than ever.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements