cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send multiple fax recipients with TR8620a printer

down0south
Contributor

I previously had an HP OfficeJet printer where I could select multiple recipients from my Address Book and have them all sent automatically, one after the other. These all showed on my computer screen, with the status of each showing as they faxed. However, now using a TR8620a Canon printer, it seems all I can do is select one recipient and have it sent, the status showing just on the printer screen, and not on the computer. Once completed, it seems I then can select another single recipient and send it. If there a way to select multiple recipients from my Address Book, and then perform one send, to have the sent one after the other? Also, why doesn't the fax status show on the computer screen, and not just on the printer window? Seems HP has their fax software far above Canon??

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Gretings,

Check out Group Dial:

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : TR8600 series : Registering Recipients in Group Dial

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Looks like you may be providing app on a smart phone? Anyway, I am talking about my PC with Windows 11, where I select the Canon Printer "Fax" option. It opens up a window where you can open the Address book or enter a single recipient. I am opening the Address Book, which shows my list of recipients that I have entered. I can then select one recipient, and then to add it for sending. However, there is no option to switch views to a group option as you stated, and there is no option to hold down the CTRL key to add multiple recipients, generally allowed in normal Windows features.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No.  This has nothing to do with a mobile device. Read the manual I referenced.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, OK when I saw the touch pad, I thought smartphone, but I see you meant the printer home screen. What I was asking is if a group fax could be sent from my computer Address book, which does allow for a single recipient. If the printer is the only solution, I assume I will have to add manually, each of the recipients there, unlike my HP printer which allowed downloading my Address Book on the PC to the printer, but better yet being able to fax from a Word Document using the printer Fax app on the computer. To use the members on the printer, how do I fax a word document on the pc, using the group members from the printer??

Ok, followed your instructions, obviously accomplished on the printer's screen, and not via the computer (as was possible on my HP Printer). Now, also on my HP Printer, I was able to download my Windows contacts from the computer, down to the printer, allowing me to select from that list, instead of having to set them up as new contacts directly on the printer. Is this possible on the Canon printer? Additionally, when I noted I was able to select multiple windows contacts for faxing, it was done on the computer, not having to do that on the printer's control panel.

Hi down0south,

The Spped Dial Utility is Windows software that will allow you to register and edit your TR8620a's phone directory using a computer.

More information regarding this can be found in the manual here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/SpeedDialUtility/W/2.0/EN/SDU/Top.html?manuos=w&os=w&osver=10.0...

All information related to faxing can be viewed in the manual using this link:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TR8600%20series/EN/CNT/cnt_fax.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The speed utility does allow updating the contacts from the computer and to download them to the printer, however unlike my old HP printer, it does not seem to allow you to send a fax using the speed utility while on the computer whether single or a group. It also does not appear to allow downloading the Windows contacts to the speed utility, rather they have to be entered manually after my finally being able to print out the windows contacts as a reference. Seems like I should have purchased a new HP printer to replace my old one, seeing the uselessness of this Canon printer to fax completely from the computer.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@down0south,

The Speed Dial Utility appears to be limited to 10 numbers?  I don't have the Utility so cannot verify this.  It also does not appear to have import capability (except .RSD files from another printer).  I understand you are trying to "read from" address book on your computer.  Are you trying to "robo-fax" multiple recipients? What's the goal here?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

OK, speed dial utility seems to allow manual contact entry into it on the computer, and then download them to the printer. However, as I want, it does not seem to allow transferring my address book (.contacts) from the computer to the utility, nor does it seem to allow faxing from the utility from the computer. I generally fax from my Word app where I can open the address book and fax from the computer. However, it does not seem to allow group faxing, rather just one at a time from the computer. To group fax from the printer, after downloading the contacts to it, apparently would then require printing off the word document so it can be placed on the printer to group fax from it. My HP printer allowed group faxing directly from the Word document on the computer, not having to print the document. So what I am after, is to create a Word document and then select multiple .contacts from my address book, and have them automatically faxed from the computer, without having to interact with the printer. If not, then I guess I dump the Canon printer and purchase a new HP printer.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements