cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP900 and iOS7

Shiles
Apprentice
Is the Selphy CP900 compatible with iOS7? Mine is no longer connecting to the internet after installing iOS7 on my iPad.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Shiles.

The CP900 should be able to be used with our Easy PhotoPrint app on iOS 7.  Please check to make sure that the printer and iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi router. 

If you continue to have difficulties, please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Shiles.

The CP900 should be able to be used with our Easy PhotoPrint app on iOS 7.  Please check to make sure that the printer and iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi router. 

If you continue to have difficulties, please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Since upgrading to ios7, I can no longer ad hoc connect to my SELPHY CP900 and print. The Canon Easy Photoprint software IS NOT UPDATED TO WORK WITH IOS7. Is Canon planning to update to be compatible with ios7?? I specifically purchased this Selphy CP 900 for this Ad Hoc printing feature. This is a portable printer and for me is worthless if I have to find a wireless network to print

Hello Toppy,

As a result of some specification changes in iOS 7, an ad-hoc connection is not properly established with the SELPHY CP900 when there is no mobile data communication on the iOS device (iPad wi-fi only, iPod), or mobile data is turned off on that iOS device (iPhone and iPad 3G).

Please try the following alternatives, for iPhone and iPad w/3G - Enable mobile data communication on the iOS device.
For iPod and iPad wi-fi only - You will need to connect using Infrastructure Mode. This will require an access point such as a wireless router.

As I stated in my original post,  I purchased the Selphy CP900 specifically for the ad hoc feature. We do Project Life publishing from Cruise Ships and ad hoc allows our group to print in-cabin without using the ship's Very expensive connection.

I think Canon is bailing out on supporting a product that is not worth coming up with a work-around to Canon.

I have hundreds of apps from "little guys" compared to Canon that update to ios7.

I have probably sold at least a dozen Selphy CP900s by bragging on the ad hoc feature. Egg on my face.

By the way, the printer itself is a wonder..I love it.

Do not turn off cellular data when you turn on the wi fi to connect to the selphy cp900.

My iphone 5 with ios 7.0.4 works fine now using the canon app.

The aforementioned solution is for use when in ad hoc mode

AD HOC
No wireless router..No cellular.. AD HOC

Try to think iPhone to Selphy CP900 in a cruise ship cabin..no router, no cellular. No problem prior to ios7.

Please read my original post.

I don't expect Apple to solve this problem. I expect Canon to keep abreast and support us.

I am using it he selphy in AD HOC mode with an iphone 5with ios 7.0.4 . As stated in my last post KEEP the cellular data turned ON as well as the Wi Fi You will connect with the cannon app AAD HOC! It works even when I don't have a cellular signal! Don't know why but it does.

I'm having the same problem as the people in the other post. I have done exactly as you said and when I go to settings-wifi-(printer) it says "{printer} is Not Connected to the internet. Are you sure you want to use this network?" Its worked in the past, and we can not figure out why it isn't working now. Any ideas? Of course customer service is closed today. On the actual printer, it says "Ad Hoc" in the upper left corner, but none of the bars are lit up.

For some reason the printer is not connecting to wi-fi and I don't know how to make it connect. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements