cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning with TR8520 using iMac running Catalina 10.15.7

ecarter59
Apprentice

I've done a long search in the forum and cannot find a solution. I can't scan using U Scan utility or any other scanning application. I am able to print, but have no scaning ability.

I've tried all of the suggested solutions with no resolution. I have deleted all files related to Canon in the /Library/Image Capture/Devices folder. I've reinstalled the most recent version of the U Scan utility, but I still have the same issue "Cannnot commuicate with scanner."

I've seen several posts stating that others are having the same issue. I am frustrated and I'm losing my confidence in Canon products. Surely there must be some solution to this issue.

As of now, I'm considering throwing my TR8520 away, buying another brand, and ensuring thatI do not recommend this printer to any of my friends or colleagues.

Before I do so, I'm giving the Canon Support Team one last chance to resolve this issue.

I hope I hear from them soon.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ecarter59,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility and attempt to scan.  What is the exact wording of the error message that you get?

Please click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences, then Printers & Scanners.

Click once on your TR8520 and on the right side, please click on Scan.  Please attempt to scan.  What is the exact wording of the error message that you get?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

treewatts
Contributor

I'm having a similar issue using Mac and running Catalina 10.15.7. If I scan 5 pages, the Canon app counts 5 pages being scanned, but delivers a PDF that only shows 3 pages. I have been on hold for 2 hours with Customer Service. No help.

Announcements