cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning through a USB Connection

flyingcjw
Apprentice

I'm trying to set up my daughter's TR7520 for use in a college dorm.  Everything works fine wirelessly, but she will not be able to connect the printer to the wireless network in her dorm.  I can print from the computer using a USB cord, but I am unable to use the scanner.

I turned off wireless for both the printer and the computer.  When I open the IJ Scanner Utility, the only device option is has is the scanner on the Network.  Using that results in an error message that the scanner is offline.  I've tried scanning from the printer's control panel.  It gives me the option to scan to local USB.  When I try to scan, it schows that it's working for a bit (although the platen light doesn't even turn on), then it finishes and I've got nothing on the computer.

By the way, I tried setting up Wireless Direct to the printer.  I can connect to the printer in my wireless connections, but when I try to install the printer, it says it failed or it installs, but says there are no drivers available.

What am I doing wrong here?

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

flyingcjw
Apprentice
FYI, the operating system is Windows 10.

I found a workaround where I can acces the printer through the Printers and Devices on Windows. However, I have to scan using the MS Windows scan utility rather than the Canon IJ Scan Utility. It's not ideal, because I lose a lot of functionality (like saving as a PDF) and it doesn't directly connect to My Image Garden. I can still import it to My Image Garden, but it's a bit if a hassle. Anyway, this proves that there's no issue with the cord, but it frustrates me that I can't use a basic function (scanning) in the simplest of ways (wired).
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements