cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning on my PIXMA...use to scan multiple pages in as one doc, not now!

KarenCrowder
Apprentice

Recently my PIXMA changed from scanning multiple page as one PDF..that has changed ot where is it saving each page as its own document.  How do I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the printer model you are using, as well as the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

It is model MX870 and I am using Windows 7.

Ramona
Authority

Hi KarenCrowder,

To scan a multi-page document, please follow these steps:

1. Place Document on the platen or ADF (Automatic document Feeder), 

2. From the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > MP Navigator EX x.x > MP Navigator EX x.xto start MP Navigator EX.

3. If you are not already in One-click Mode, click (Switch Mode) at the bottom left of the screen.

figure: Navigation Mode screen

The One-click Mode screen appears.

figure: One-click Mode screen

4. Click the PDF icon.

In the Save Settings section of the PDF dialog, be sure to select PDF (MultiplePages) for the Save as type:setting. When you have finished making desired settings, click Scan to start scanning.

5. After a page has scanned*, the screen to continue or end scanning appears. If you have more pages to scan (for example, when scanning a multi-page document to save as a multiple page PDF), place the next page on the platen and click Scan.  Do this each time a page has completed scanning. After the last page has been scanned, click Exit.

*The Scan Complete also appears after the last page is scanned from the ADF (if applicable to model). If there are more pages to scan, place them in the ADF and click Scan.  After the last page has been scanned, click Exit.

6. After scanning has completed, the PDF document can be found in the location specified for Save In: in the Save Settings section. For Windows 7, the default location is the My Documents folder.

7. After scanning has completed, if you have selected a program in the Application Settings section of the PDF dialog (for example Acrobat reader), the PDF document will open in that program. If no program was selected, the View and Use window will open.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have tried the suggestion in your response; however, the "save as type" is grayed out where I cannot select "PDF (MultiplePages)".

What number should I call to talk to someone in person about this issue?

Hi, KarenCrowder!

As mentioned in our earlier replies on this topic, you're welcome to call our award-winning US-based tech support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements