cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner suddenly slow in PIXMA MX420

deltafactor
Apprentice

Hi,

After scanning about 10 pages the scanner suddenly becomes slow and stays that way until I unlug and restart the printer.

I'm using the Canon MP Navigator EX 4.1 tool  and scanning documents using the ADF at 300ppi in B/W duplex. I am able to repeat this every single time (i.e scans fast till the 10 pages and then slows down to a crawl suddenly and remains that way until I power down and restart the printer)

5 REPLIES 5

Shanna
Enthusiast

Hello deltafactor!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

deltafactor
Apprentice
Hi Shanna,

I'm using Windows 8.1. I'm not sure its relevant, but the printer is connected to the network over an ethernet cable (not WiFi).

Thank you.

Ramona
Authority

Hi deltafactor,

Please try the following to remedy the issue:

1.  Unplug your router, then leave it unplugged for at least 10 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it back on.

2.  If you have any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to scan again.

3.  Since cables can sometimes become less effective over time, If you have another ethernet cable, please try using that to connect the printer.

4.  If you have the printer plugged into a surge protector, please try plugging it directly into a wall outlet.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm also having the problem. I'm using a Mac Mini, Yosemite and the printer is plugged in directly to the computer with USB cable. This only happens after about 25-50 scans. I then not only have to turn it off but have to wait at least 15 minutes or it will happen quickly again.

If this is happening to people using various OS and connections, it appears this is either a hardware or software issue you need to pay attention to.

deltafactor
Apprentice
Just to add to this: I did try the steps in Ramona's mail and the behavior remained the same. I agree with jmbrowne's assessment.
Announcements