cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset MG6650 after ink pad clean. How to...please.

JBL
Apprentice

After a 1700 code I cleaned the ink pads on the MG6650 biut have not been able to reset the ink pad counter. I tried the off/on/hold method but it didn't work so how do I reset the code please.

Thanks

Brian.

4 REPLIES 4

Abel
Enthusiast

Hi, JBL!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

OK and thanks.

I just thought that the MG6650 would have been sold in the USA as well as GB and I might get some help here.

Cheers

Brian.

Greetings Brian,

In most cases, the ink pad is not a user servicable part.  So Canon does not offer a reset procedure for its customers.  This is typically done by a service center or authorized repair facility.

If the reset is not detailed in the user manual, you will need to seach the internet for the software and procedure. Sorry, but this is the best advice I can provide since its not something Canon intends for its users to perform.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the reply Rick.

I had reached that conclusion after further research/info from repair shops here in the UK.

I have bought a new printer now and will use the MG6650 until it finally switches itself off.

It is so annoying as it does the job we want perfectly well.

Cheers

Brian.

Announcements