Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Canon Printer MG 2520

New Contributor

When I print a document, I first get an alert that says, "The ink absorber is almost full."  However, I press the "Start" button and the document prints.  What is the "ink absorber?"  Can it be replaced?


Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello OlenGreer,


The waste ink absorber is the part of the printer that catches any spilled ink or ink used during any maintenance. If the absorber is almost full, it will mean the printer is running out of space for ink. To clear the message the printer would need service. You can click the link HERE to log into your your Canon account and view any available service options.


Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-385-2155 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.