cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem printing

GuitarGuy
Apprentice

Hi. I use a Canon MP490. Never had a problem in 12 years. Changed the color cartridge and now the screen says print head not installed???? I'm not techinally skilled. What does this mean? Can I fix it?

Thanks in advance to someone with this skill.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GuitarGuy,

What is the error code that appears on the display of your PIXMA MP490?

If it is U051 or U052, please replace both ink cartridges with new genuine Canon ink cartridges.

If the error persists, your PIXMA MP490 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monady throuigh Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I replaced the print head and still have the same problem. Cleaned all the contacts. Is the machine just permantly broken?

Announcements