cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing the colors very faded and wrong

Invincible047
Apprentice

I am trying to print anything from basic cartoon like pictures to actual pictures taken with a camera and my printer, Canon MX922 continues to disappoint and print the colors so far off and faded. Is there something I have setup wrong or that might need a cleaning? Attaching both images below. First is the original copy and the second is the printed form.

71842794_2953050588042668_88900905289646080_o.jpg

12F5DED2-9A13-49A4-A25C-7F1E5EAC67BA.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Invincible047,

First, please print a test page:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK

3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button

4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then pres OK

5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button

Does your test page match the example below:

MX922 Nozzle Check.jpg

Also, what paper are you printing with?

What application are you using on your computer to print the image?

What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There is no yellow on my page. Also my bottom black color is all of the same color and in the image you gave it appeared there were different shades.

Also, what paper are you printing with?

Plain white printer paper

What application are you using on your computer to print the image?

Photos within Windows

What version of Windows (or OSX) is installed on your computer?

Windows 10 Pro.

After posting those results I replaced the yellow did a "cleaning" and "Deep cleaning" and it brought the yellow on the "nozle check pattern" but the black line is the same.

Hi Invincible047,

Lets check the driver. Please open the search feature on your computer and type control panel and press enter. Once  you are there, select View Devices and Printers. Is the printer listed as MX920 series or MX920 series WS?

Also I recommend trying to print from one of Canon's print programs. Please click HERE and select drivers and downloads and then select the software tab. Once you are on the software tab, download and install the Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.0. Once it installs, try to print.

Are the colors still faded?

We look forward to your reply.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements