cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing in B&W

spresco2
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG3100 printer. I have no color ink in it, only black. I'm trying to print in B&W only but it won't print because there's the color ink is out. I've tried setting it to grayscale but it still won't print (even though I'm not trying to use color. How can I get it to print? Operating on Mac OSX 10.6.8. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi spresco2,

When an ink cartridge is out of ink, the printer will not print from the other ink cartridge until the out of ink condition is addressed. If you do not have a replacement ink cartridge readily available, you can disable the ink level detection function of the printer so that you can continue to print. To do this, please press and hold down the STOP/RESET or RESUME/CANCEL button on the printer for at least 7 seconds, then release it.   Once the out of ink cartridge is replaced with a Canon genuine ink cartridge, the ink level detection function of the printer will be re-enabled.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements