Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer on and off continuously

NicolaeSfetcu
Apprentice

Hello,

The printer is MX495.

I did not us it for a while and today, when I started it, it turns on and off each 5 seconds.

All the printer buttons are blocked, including the power button (I cannot turn it off from the power button).

While the printer is on, no matter if I open or not the front cover, the cartridge holder moves continuously left and right without stopping.

There is a single word displayed on the display: ”Canon”.

Can you help me with an advice to eliminate this problem?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

Please be advised, if you are outside of the United States, I recommend contacting the branch of Canon for your region. You may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64

cjbartlett42
Apprentice

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have a 490 and same issue.. Only thing that has worked 2 times now is unplug the wifi and then it will print., I have not tried it on my phone tho! 

Please see this thread.

Change your DNs to .001 See my post for EASY FIX

Caroleena67
Contributor

Take it “offline” saw someone post that it worked for me!!!!!

sampeterson
Apprentice

Change the energy settings from the control panel. Hope It will help.

Sam Peterson is a Sales Manager for an Australia's leading Microsoft Dynamics Partner, Dynamics Square. He is also a writer for Microsoft Dynamics Business Solutions blogs including, business central support, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, Business Central on-premise pricing.
Announcements