cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer offline when it isn't

Crisindra
Apprentice

I have a Canon TR4720 printer, my computer is Windows 10 or 11. I try to print and I get an error saying it is offline. It shuts itself off every now and then, so I turn it back on and wait a few minutes before trying to print again. The light is on and my computer gets a reject saying the printer is offline. I will open up the printer properties and it says there is no problem. I go to print and it says it's offline. I can make copies and scan using my phone, but anytime I go to print, it's offline.... HELP!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you tell us how the printer is connected and to what?  

If wireless, try assigning the printer a static or reserved IP on your network.  Then reinstall the printer using that IP address.  Your router may be reclaiming the IP it's given to the printer.  It shows as offline on your computer because it's trying to use what it believes is the last known address.  If this changes, your computer will not be able to communicate with the printer and it will show "offline".

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements