cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer TS8350 - why ask me “place a printable disc on the multi-purpose tray” when I’m printing doc

Lala27
Apprentice

Hi,

For the past week out if the blue, printer wants me to place a printable disc on multipurpose tray when I want to print a DOCUMENT ?! 
it worked fine before, now impossible to print anything…nothing else has changed…

I’m printing from an IPad or IPhone, a simple file - Ha! But no can do…

I called the service line today, first time the guy cut me off, second time guy took a loooooong time, then told me “you must be in “dus. Settings” (I’m not), then said he would email me later. …he has not.

i would appreciate an answer asap, many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

RichieH
Contributor

Did you find the solution to this Lala27? I’ve just tried to print a form from iPhone and my printer is asking the same. It wants the disc tray inserted, doesn’t seem to recognise I want paper printing at all. 

I have the same problem. My printer says place printable disc on multi purpose tray and then stops working.

Artichoke
Apprentice

I have exactly the same problem. If I don't get an answer I shall get a new printer - not Cannon

Lala27
Apprentice

Aaah well yes, I did find the solution through a very helpful Canon desk young woman…in fact all that was needed was to ensure the tray (where a disk could potentiallly be inserted) was fully pushed in, whilst the paper support tray was fully out … hard to explain and understand - I had to send a photo to this young woman for her to understand…

Cool, glad you got it sorted and will certainly give this a try. 
Mine seems a bit more random. For instance, it does this when I try to print from the iPad but when I try exactly the same thing on my iPhone it will print. Also, it sometimes decides PDFs aren’t allowed on paper, just onto disc. 
I can’t print much from either Apple device easily without using the Canon app and putting the email or whatever into a file and printing it from there. That makes the whole Air Print function pretty useless. I’m still within warranty, and I think I’m going to make a claim as the printer doesn’t actually do what it’s intended to do. 

To be honest I’m glad I’ve still got the disc tray as it very nearly went out of the window the last time this happened. A firmware update allowing the disc or paper functions to be switched on or off would sort this very easily. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements