cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer MX922 won't print black in photos

cashtonh
Apprentice

My MX922 will print black when using the program with plain paper and standard printing but when "Glossy photo" with high printing is chosen all black objects come out light gray.  I have removed the print head and cleaned it but this made no difference.  I purchased this unit two years ago primarily for the DVD/CD label printing feature.  Otherwise, I have been unhappy with it as it seems to always have one problem or the other.  Being experienced with these items, I have been able to keep it printing (with some effort).  After several days of trying, I have given up on it.  I know that the print head is OK.  I have replaced the black cartridges and have tried printing with Photo Shop, MS Picture It and Print Shop, all with the same results.  I have contacted Canon support with no results.  If no answer to my problem is available, I will trash it and never buy another Canon product.  My HP printer is a year older than this unit and still prints perfectly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have solved the problem myself.  In spite of the cleaning I did on the print head it obviously wasn't enough.  I ultimately removed it one last time and allowed it to sit, print head down, in 1/4 inch deep hot water for 15 minutes and then allowed it to dry on a lint free towel for 15 minutes.  It now works perfectly.                               Thanks for Responding

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what steps Canon support had you perform and also, please attach a copy of a recent nozzle check to your reply. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

I have solved the problem myself.  In spite of the cleaning I did on the print head it obviously wasn't enough.  I ultimately removed it one last time and allowed it to sit, print head down, in 1/4 inch deep hot water for 15 minutes and then allowed it to dry on a lint free towel for 15 minutes.  It now works perfectly.                               Thanks for Responding

I solved the problem before Canon responded, consequently, they provided no support.

cashtonh
Apprentice

Omitted the following information from my previous post:  My unit is USB connected, Has been reset to factory reset and I have downloaded and installed latest drivers.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements