cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Setting vs. paper size

tikidale
Apprentice

Every time  I print, the printer asks to load paper but it is full of 81/2x11.  Seems like a setting issue and I can't get stuff to print - I don't want it to look  in the top paper tray for smaller size paper.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Tikidale!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what equipment you're using and  the computer operating system (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you. I agree that would be helpful. Canon PIXMA MX9222 and I am using Window 8

I am using a Toshiba Satellite S75A Laptop

Ramona
Authority

Hi tikidale,

We will want to make sure that the paper type selected is plain paper, and that a paper size other than 8 1/2 x 11 (Letter) is not selected in the printer driver to try and resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps below:

1.  On your keyboard, hold the Windows key and press " X ".

2.  Click CONTROL PANEL.

3.  Select DEVICES AND PRINTERS.  The Devices and printers window opens.

4.  Right-click over the icon for your PIXMA MX922 and select the PRINTING PREFERENCES option.

5.  In the Printing Preferences window, please click on the MAIN tab.

6.  Locate the MEDIA TYPE section and ensure that PLAIN PAPER is selected.

7.  Click the PAGE SETUP tab at the top of the Printing Preferences window.

8.  Locate the PAGE SIZE section and ensure that the LETTER page size is selected. 

9.  Click the APPLY button at the bottom of the window to apply the changes, then the OK button to close out of the window.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements