cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Preview for MX492

planet88
Apprentice

The Print Preview for my MX492 continues to show that it is printing a 4x6 photo when I have it set to print an 8x10. I successfully printed a 4x6 then successfully printed an 8x10. Now the Print Preview will not reflect that I have changed the photo sizeback to an 8x10. 

Please see the screen shots below:

Screenshot of Page Setup.png

Here is the Print Preview and you can see that it will print a 4x6, not the 8x10 that I chose.

Screenshot of Print Preview.png

I have checked and rechecked the settings on the printer itself, I have powered the printer on & off, I have checked my Advanced Settings when in the Print Preview. Nothing has worked. How do I stop the Print Preview from automatically resizing the photo I want to print? And why wouldn't it match the photo setting from the set-up page?

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi planet88,

Please make sure that the correct paper size is selected in the printer driver prior to printing.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Devices and Printers.

2.  Right click the Canon MX490 series Printer and left click on Printing Preferences.

3.  In the Main tab, select your paper type and size in the Media Type and Printer Paper Size boxes.

4.  Click Apply and then OK.

Once set, please open the program that you wish to print from and print your images.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements