cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pi8720

JupiterJenn
Apprentice

I am on a new Dell computer, running windows 11 and I cannot get this printer to complete installation. It gets to the point of detecting the printer and detects it initially then says it's not detected. I have power cycled and tried different USB ports to no avail. 

I am using the Windows 11 driver download from this site. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JupiterJenn,

You can try removing any connection for the printer and then you can try reinstalling the drivers.

1. Leave the printer on and connected. 
  2. Press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  3. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom. 
  4. You can select the option for USB printing support and then click uninstall. Once the connection is gone, you can disconnect the USB cable.
  5. You can restart the setup, leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup prompts you to connect the cable.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello JupiterJenn,

You can try removing any connection for the printer and then you can try reinstalling the drivers.

1. Leave the printer on and connected. 
  2. Press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  3. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom. 
  4. You can select the option for USB printing support and then click uninstall. Once the connection is gone, you can disconnect the USB cable.
  5. You can restart the setup, leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup prompts you to connect the cable.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements