cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP90 - "Windows not responding" & "Out of paper"

BrooksNYC
Apprentice

Hi, there.

I've just installed a Pixma iP90 on a Win 7 Pro x64 computer.  The printer is old, but lightly used. I purchased it for travel in 2006, and since its last print job in 2007(!), the printer has been safely packed away.

Installing on Win 7 Pro x64 entailed manually downloading and updating the driver. That process went smoothly, and Windows reports that the printer successfully installed. It has brand new ink cartridges, and makes all the right noises when turned on.

However, trying to print evokes two error messages: A pop-up in Windows' system tray says "Printer not responding."  Then, when I go into the iP90's printer properties, another message says: "Out of paper," which isn't true. I have five or six sheets in the feed stack.

I've turned the printer on and off, checked the connections, tried different USB ports, rebooted the computer, canceled print queues, and still.....nuttin' doin'.

Any other troubleshooting ideas? Thanks kindly.

Brooks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrooksNYC
Apprentice

SOLVED.

After considerable digging, I came across a Canon troubleshooting / maintenance utility, which correctly diagnosed -- and fixed -- two problems that prevented my printing from printing.

My Printer 3.2.0

Dear folks at Canon, please make this helpful utility easier to find!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BrooksNYC
Apprentice

SOLVED.

After considerable digging, I came across a Canon troubleshooting / maintenance utility, which correctly diagnosed -- and fixed -- two problems that prevented my printing from printing.

My Printer 3.2.0

Dear folks at Canon, please make this helpful utility easier to find!

Announcements