Every. Single. Time.
If the computer has been on a while and I've been printing things, I have little issues with this. But I can never get anything to print on the first try. What is going on? It doesn't seem to matter what device I'm trying to print from, either.
Please follow these steps:
1. Press the HOME button on your PIXMA TS5120.
2. Use the arrow keys to select the gear icon in the middle bottom of the display of your PIXMA TS5120 and press OK.
3. Select Settings and press OK.
4. Use the down arrow to select ECO and press OK.
5. Use the down arrow to select Energy saving settings and press OK.
6. Select Next and press OK.
7. Select Auto power off and press OK.
8. Use the up arrow to select Never and press OK.
9. Use the down arrow to select Auto power on and press OK.
10. Select ON and press OK.
11. Use the down arrow to select OK and press OK.
Press the HOME button.
Thank you for your help. The printer already had those settings though…so it hasn’t helped anything so far. It seems like a connection problem but I can’t understand it. Anytime I want to print something if I just turned on the computer, it goes to the printing page and doesn’t load. After I turn off the printer and turn it on again, I can try printing again and it will then give me the options for the media type and paper source so I know it will print. But if I just turned on the computer, it’s like it just won’t make the connection to the printer right away and waiting doesn’t help. Without fail I have to restart the printer. Every. Single. Time. It doesn’t even matter if the printer has been off and I’m just starting it at the same time as the computer. (We typically leave the printer on, but either way we have to restart it.)
We do have a chat team that would be happy to assist you with this issue. Please click HERE and in the chat box that appears, ask to speak to a live person. You will be asked to create a Canon account and once that is done, you will be able to connect with one of our chat agents Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.
We look forward to hearing from you.