cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8520 on Mac 12.4 "Printing - the printer is in use" but doesn't print doc

HH1
Apprentice

Suddenly my printer doesn't seem to connect with computer to print.

I get message " Printing - the printer is in use" with the name of the doc, but just get a blue line moving back and forth on the printer status and no doc printing. Help!

I'm using a wired connection and it has worked perfectly until this last week.  Have unplugged & reconnected all wires. Have restarted computer. No jams (did have one last week). Seems like this may have started after a paper jam was cleared.  It makes copies fine. Doesn't seem like the computer and printer are communicating anymore.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi HH1,

In your message you state that you are using your PIXMA TR8520 with a wired connection.

Are you using an ethernet cable?
or are you using a USB cable?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a usb cable from printer to computer. And ethernet from router to computer. - so completely wired. Was working fine until it wasn't.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Go into printers and scanners and remove the printer. Then restart your computer and go back to printers and scanners and add the printer back on. The printer should now show as idle and you can try to print again. 

Were you able to print? 

Announcements