cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX920 Error Code 1311

guruland3000
Apprentice

Yesterday on May 9, 2017, I had a paper jam and I received this error code 1311. I removed all the paper and it will not disappear. I tried all the steps recommended in the Canon manual. Still nothing. I called Canon support at Phone Number Removed looking for assistance. All I got was a technician that stated that my network is contaminated and that I would need to fix this issue first before trying to fix the printer. He told me to get a network security software called OnyX. I went online and did install it and applied it to my computer. So, I called back today May 10, 2017, and the technician told me that my network is still contaminated and that I would need to REMOVE ALL THE JUNK FILES and REINSTALL THE DRIVER PACKAGE and that only a technician can do it. He said that a technician can do it for $89.99 and suggest that I get a one-year subscription for PC MAX for network security for $109.99. I asked him if I can just purchase a new printer and use it. He said "NO" because my network is contaminated. I told him that THIS IS A SCAM! I tell him that you guys are forcefully not assisting me and telling me that I would need these things to repair my printer which is more than what I paid for my printer! Check this out! The technician wrote in detail what I needed in my TextEdit app and when I said I need to think about it, he erased it. I asked him "Why did he erase that?" I need it for reference. He said, "Why would you need it if you don't want the service!" I was so irate, I told him that I am through with him and with Canon. So, right after I got off the phone I go over to my Samsung inkjet and print something and it works fine. I believe Canon is running this scam to not help us unless we purchase a service from them. I WILL NEVER USE A CANON PRODUCT AGAIN! THIS IS A TERRIBLE WAY TO DO BUSINESS, CANON! SHAME ON YOU!!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

John_B
Rising Star

Hello guruland3000! 

This does sound very frustrating. We can confirm that the number you called is not an official number for our technical support team. Our support team is full of friendly reps who are always happy to help. They also never charge for support!

We're confident our friendly, award-winning support team can assist with your printer. They can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from Monday - Friday, from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM ET. You also have the option to email our team at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail. Whether it's by email or phone, we look forward to hearing from you!

We understand how frustrating this must have been, but hope this information helps to have your printer up and running soon! 

View solution in original post

Hi guruland3000,

Thank you for the additional information. We've passed along the website information. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_B
Rising Star

Hello guruland3000! 

This does sound very frustrating. We can confirm that the number you called is not an official number for our technical support team. Our support team is full of friendly reps who are always happy to help. They also never charge for support!

We're confident our friendly, award-winning support team can assist with your printer. They can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from Monday - Friday, from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM ET. You also have the option to email our team at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail. Whether it's by email or phone, we look forward to hearing from you!

We understand how frustrating this must have been, but hope this information helps to have your printer up and running soon! 

Thank you John_B for your assistance. I guess I was speaking to a third party site. Please do something about these third party sites that advertise to be your support site. They are impersonating your technicians! <website removed per forum guidelines> 

Hi guruland3000,

Thank you for the additional information. We've passed along the website information. 

Announcements