cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX870 not printing correctly

scotsladye
Apprentice

I have an Pixma MX870 that I've had for several years. I recently updated my OS to Windows 11 and now my printer is not printing correctly. The print data on my PC shows that it is printing but the printer spits out the page without actually printing anything, or it just prints partial pages. I'm printing multiple pages from several PDF files. I  did a deep cleaning of the printer head and I only use Canon inks. It is a wireless connection and there isn't any issues with my wireless network. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi scotsladye,

The PIXMA MX870 is not supported with Windows 11.  You may be able to resolve this issue by installing the Windows 10 driver, but please note, it is not supported and would be done at your own risk.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cubegineer
Apprentice

I'm having this exact problem with both of my windows 10 pcs using an MX920, Windows Test print presents as just "Windows Printer Test Page" and a printer icon in the upper 2 inches of the sheet and nothing else but the "Nozzle Check Pattern" prints normal for all colors past the halfway mark of an 8.5X11.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi scotsladye,

The PIXMA MX870 is not supported with Windows 11.  You may be able to resolve this issue by installing the Windows 10 driver, but please note, it is not supported and would be done at your own risk.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I will contact the sale department to look at my options for a discount on a replacement printer. 

Announcements