cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MP510 power failure?

nico_2010
Apprentice

Hello,

I have this kind of printer since 2008. Until two weeks it worked fine. Yesterday I have to turned on to scan something but... surprise the printer didn't turn on.  I check power cord, it was good, I follow some advices on the net to pull out the power source and check if some of the components are defective, but everything it was OK. More, I manage to turn on the power suplly unit unconnected and the output voltages were good (24V and 32V).

After I put the 5-pin connector into the apropriate receptacle the green LED turn on for les than 2 seconds and then it stay off no mater buitton I press.

What is defective and it's worth to repair or to buy one new printer?

3 REPLIES 3

nico_2010
Apprentice

Hello Canon Forum!

I wish to thank Canon technicians(on forum of course) for giving me NO ANSWER for the question posted one month ago.

In the mean time I buy HP multifunctional printer, this brand is the best in printing.

And now, for those who has problems with your Canon printers like mine be careful: when the printer dont power up or power up for less than 2 sec. then the printer head is DEAD for ever. Check this pulling up that head and see if the printer will power on. But ... after service it is posible to have message error 5010 and this is like BSOD for windows so ... you will buy another printer.

Hi nico_2010!

Welcome to the Canon Forum, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please visit http://www.canon.com and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hello Crista,

Thanks for finally someone reply to this post.

I saw lot of people accused this kind of malfunction but nobody tells users how to solve the problem. And to pay in service twice the price you pay for a new printer I think is not fair.

Also nobody says how to exit from the error 5010 when the scanner is still in function ... only legends or gossip.

Anyway, I decided to sell this printer as parts, and many of them are good and in good condition instead to pay, as I said twice the price in service for printing head.

Sorry folks, this is crude reality.

I think that Canon printers are the same anywhere and are no diferences between those selled in Europe an those selled in USA (except power supply from wall 110/120V in USA 220-240V in Europe)... or isn't true!?

Announcements