cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG6320 scanning not available with Mac OS Big Sur (11.2.3)

martinalister
Apprentice

I have a Canon Pixma MG6320 printer and a new iMac with Big Sur (OS 11.2.3).  I am able to print just fine but the printer (which is also a scanner) does not show up as a scanner in Image Capture.  I was able to use the MG6320 as a scanner on my old iMac, which had an older OS.  

I went to the Canon support site for printers and drivers: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

There is no dirver available for the Pixma MG6320 for Mac OS Big Sur.  

Help!

3 REPLIES 3

jimkjr
Apprentice

Same issue. Can't utilize scanner on MG6420 with Big Sur 11.6. Printer works fine. HELP!!!!!

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi, The MG6320 was retired in 2018 and is not supported in the Mac OS Big Sur operating system. Since the printer is not compatible with your OS, you qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Thank you for the response!

I mis-typed the model of the Canon printer/scanner I have. It should have read MG6420. I would assume it falls in line with the MG6320 which qualifies for the upgrade program?
Thank you again 

Announcements