cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 stopped printing black even with fresh cartridge & deep cleaning. Colors are OK.

PMHilton
Contributor

Some time ago, on default print quality settings, the black would go a bit faint on the last few lines of a full page of text. If there were more pages, each would start out fine but have the same poor quality near each page bottom. I changed quality setting from standard to high & the problem seemed fixed. Just the past several days that poor quality near the bottom of pages showed up. Today the black will not print at all. I did 2-3 deep cleanings with a fresh cartridge, but still no black. Colors print just fine. Do I need to replace the print head?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ramona
Authority

Hi PMHilton,

Since the black ink is no longer printing, and replacing the ink tank and performing the deep cleanings did not resolve the issue, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Removing the ink tanks & placing the print head in a shallow dish of Windex for 2-3 hours led to a nozzle check test that was sharp as a tack, black included.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi PMHilton,

Since the black ink is no longer printing, and replacing the ink tank and performing the deep cleanings did not resolve the issue, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Removing the ink tanks & placing the print head in a shallow dish of Windex for 2-3 hours led to a nozzle check test that was sharp as a tack, black included.

Announcements