cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG5320 has stopped working - Not getting any power / Dead

jgvisser
Apprentice

While printing docs for school this evening, the printer (PIXMA MG 5320) just stopped working - like it had been powered off - and won't come back on. It printed several things and when it went to do the next doc it had no power. I have it attached to my Lenovo T400 laptop via a printer cable and also use it via Bluetooth. It has worked great for some time and now just is dead.

I've tried unplugging for 5 - 10 minutes and plugging it back in with no luck. Checked that the outlet is working and it is. Tried a different outlet and still nothing. 

I'm using Windows XP to send docs and photos. I've been very pleased, and have no idea what happened.

16 REPLIES 16

mimidee74
Apprentice

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I have the same exact problem.  No power...nothing.

Ramona
Authority

Hi jgvisser and mimidee74,

In addition to the steps you have already tried, please ensure that the power cord is plugged securely into the printer, as the cord may have slightly come loose and and prevented full power to be received by the printer.  You will also want to ensure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of going through a surge protector that is plugged into a wall outlet, as sometimes one port on the surge protector may not work while others do. 

If the printer still does not power on, it will require servicing.  Please Contact Us for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

why is it all of these printers have shut down, mine has also, it just stopped working, I will never buy another one again if you can't make good for it and I will tell my friends about this and how many printers just brake down.

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Where is the contact us link I'm having the same issue?

Hi Seahawk425!

If you click on the words 'Contact Us' in the post above, you will be taken to the page where you can reach out to our support team. Here is a shortcut as well:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

We hope you find this useful!

meringuehead
Apprentice
Did you ever get this printer serviced per Ramona's recommendations? What happened?

mcmarturano
Apprentice
I just encountered the same problem. Printer is totally dead. I plugged it directly into the wall and no change. Sounds like a blown board maybe? Looks like the warranty is only one year... too bad this is a relatively expensive printer to have shipped with faulty boards...

Arkonis
Apprentice
Just experienced the same problems. Has any solution been found?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements