cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG3650 - Cannot communicate with printer macOS Big Sur

Tagobs
Apprentice

Hey everyone!

Lately I have not been able to print from my MacBook. The printer in question is a Pixma MG3650, and my Mac is running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. I tried deleting the printer from my computer and then add it again. The printer pops up as an available one, as it is connected to the correct router, but when I try to actually add it I get a message saying that my computer cannot communicate with the printer. However, it works perfectly fine to print through my girlfriend's MacBook running macOS Mojave. I have managed to print with my computer running Big Sur earlier.

Do you guys have any proposed solutions to this?

3 REPLIES 3

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You will need the following driver in order to use your printer with Big Sur:

PIXMA MG3650 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe (canon-europe.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

WxMPGE
Apprentice

In my case, with Mac OS Monterey by now, a 'stable' and IMHO remarkably simple solution has been to 'just' unplug the USB cable connecting the computer to the printer and plug it in again. I would do this every time the printing error comes up, and afterwards the printing would resume to go fine for the remainder of the session. I had tried other solutions before, but to no avail so far, and discovered this solution 'myself' 'accidentally'. Best of luck, cheers

Announcements