cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G2200 photo print

Rsmith0399
Contributor
I just purchased. g2200. The reviews say it prints very good color photos. I tried printing ok (old) Kodak photo paper and the results were not all that good. The image was not sharp, and the colors seemed a little muddy. Is there something I can adjust?
3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi Rsmith0399,

There is a program that can be used with the printer called Easy-PhotoPrint that Canon developed to easily print quality photos from the printer.  Printing from this program should resolve the issue being experienced.  If you do not have the program installed on your computer, it can be downloaded from the Canon USA website free of charge here.  You will find the program under the SOFTWARE section of the page.

Once the program is installed, please follow these steps to print:

1. Open Easy-PhotoPrint.

2. Inside of the Canon Utilities folder, you should see a folder for EASY-PHOTOPRINT. Inside of that folder, you should see a program for EASY-PHOTOPRINT; please click on that to launch the application.

3. Once inside of the application, you will see a folder structure on the left-hand side where you can select a photo or image. Please navigate to the location of the photo/image you would like to print. When you do, all available images in that location should appear in the right pane of the window. Please note: If a screen appears with options to Photo-Print, Create an Album, Sticker Print, etc., please select the PHOTO-PRINT option to view the area with the folder structure.

4. Underneath each of the photos appearing in the right pane of the window, you will see an up and down arrow, as well as a "0". Please click the UP arrow once underneath the image you would like to select, then click the PAPER SELECTION tab at the top of the window.

5. On the PAPER SELECTION TAB, please select the PRINTER, PAPER SOURCE, PAPER SIZE, and MEDIA TYPE, then click the LAYOUT/PRINT tab at the top of the window.

6. Please select the desired layout from the left-hand pane of the window. When you do, a preview of what the image should look like when printed will appear in the right-hand pane of the window.

7. Once you have selected a layout, please click the PRINT button. The photo/image should print.

Hope this helps!  Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Rsmith0399
Contributor
Thank you for the detailed description. Unfortunately that is the way I printed the photo. I tried both plain paper and photo paper. Neither print was even close to the quality produced by my old HP 7360 printer. Very disappointed.

Rsmith0399
Contributor
Playing with it a little more, it appears I need to adjust the "saturation" a little more. Is there a way to do this?
Announcements