cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 990 small black photo cartridge won't print

TammyLea
Apprentice

When I print a test pattern, the small black photo ink cartridge won't print anything.  I've cleaned, deep cleaned, etc.  Tried seven different print cartridges, thinking it was a faulty cartridge.  Nope.  All the other cartridges are working perfectly.

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi TammyLea.

If the BK ink is not empty, and it is not flowing after cleanings and a deep cleaning, check that the packaging on the top of the tank has been fully removed, and that the vent is not obstructed.  If this doesn't correct the problem, then the nozzles for it are clogged and the printer will need to be replaced.

I can offer the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement. If you're interested, more information is available through our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TammyLea
Apprentice
I like this printer. Is it possible to buy another of this model?

Hi, TammyLea! The PIXMA MP990 was introduced in 2009 and has been out of production for quite some time. Many of its features live on with improvements in our current models, so we encourage you to call our US-based sales support squad at 1-866-443-8002 for suggestions on a more modern model to meet your needs.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements