cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 922 New black ink cartridge 250, gives support 1660 : does not recognize ink cartridge

Themag62
Apprentice

I saw the same question on the forum, but support only asked if it was genuine canon cartridge and where it was purchased.    IT IS a GENUINE Canon cartridge purchased at Target.   The display indicates the black cartridge not recognized is the black one, position next to magenta, where the 251 size back is to go.   That spot is empty, without a cartridge BECAUSE THE GENUINE CANON  set I bought includes only the 250 size.  Is this the source of the problem?       I have already removed the cartridges tried to clean the area for each cartridge of any ink.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Themag62,

The PIXMA MX922 requires that all of the ink tanks are inserted into the printer and that they all contain ink.

The cause of the 1660 error is from the CLI-251 Black ink tank is not inserted in your printer.

Inserting a CLI-251 Black ink tank into your PIXMA MX922 will resolve the issue that you are experiencing. This ink tank can be purchased directly from Canon:

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/cli-251-ink-tank?color=Black&type=New

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements