cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 7720 how to select scan area?

LER555
Contributor

I love this printer but hate the scan software on my Mac.  It never works.  How do I select a scan area? I'm trying to scan multiple squares on a page.  It just loads up an error message.  (Cannot display the scan result in My Image Garden because you do not have permission to access the folder in which the scan result is saved).
Scan again with My Image Garden.

Is there a way to hook it to an alternative to this Image Garden software? Something?  Anything?  

Also, as long as I'm asking questions here- how do you get it to REMEMBER the scan location?  I have a Finder folder set up for it, but no matter how many times I set every setting I can find, eventually it defaults back to the Pictures folder. 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi LER555.

Try the directions in the following article to provide the necessary permissions:  https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART174848

If that doesn't correct the issue, then you may need to set permissions/access in the System Preferences security settings.

If the settings changed in the My Image Garden scan settings aren't preserved, try changiing the settings directly in the IJ Scan Utility. The IJ Scan Utility will be found in "Applications \ Canon Utilities \ IJ Scan Utility\".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements