cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 5520 Printer Offline -- Weird?

ealvin
Apprentice

My wife's notebook shows her wireless network printer as "offline" (my computer works perfectly). It's able to access the Internet but recently started displaying this error message.

Interestingly, there are times when she gets this error message but we'll later discover a page in the printer tray. This happened yesterday, we tried to get it to print and received the error message. One day later I'm at my desktop and I hear the page being printed out that we attempted to print 24-hours ago.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, ealvin!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks. Sorry, I forgot to add that the notebook runs Win 7.

My printer isPixma MP 500. Is it just too old?

@Danny wrote:

Hi, ealvin!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

My printer is a Pixma MP  500 and It is connected to an Apple desktop Lion model

Hi, this thread may be getting a little confusing. I think jac may have jumped in with his own issues.

Anyway, my wife's notebook runs WIN8. I'm running WIN7 and not having any problems.

Hello ealvin,

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Jac,

OS 10.7/Lion drivers for the MP500 can be downloaded from our website at the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp500#Dr... 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi ealvin,

I recommend completing the troubleshooting steps in the following article from our Knowledge Base:  Printer is offline (Wireless LAN).

While the steps were written for the PIXMA MG5320, since they involved changes within the operating system (Windows 7), these troubleshooting steps will apply to your wife's notebook as well.

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your post. I'll check that out.

I've tried to find this, with no success. Could you post a link to the setup software for my printer?

Thanks again.

Announcements