cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 5320 Will not turn on

jjapple
Apprentice

My 5320 will not turn on.  Tried unplugging for a while replugging.  Wall outlet.  Different cord.  Nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately I had already tried that.  Given costs of servicing it looks likely another piece of trash of built in obsolescense goes to the dump.  So unfortunate we do not build things to last or be easliy serviceable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi jjapple,

In addition to the remedies that you have already tried, please try plugging the printer into a power outlet in another room in the house to see if it will come on.  If it still does not power on, it will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Unfortunately I had already tried that.  Given costs of servicing it looks likely another piece of trash of built in obsolescense goes to the dump.  So unfortunate we do not build things to last or be easliy serviceable.

I'm on my second 5320. The only reason I bought a second one was because just before the last died I'd just bought a full set of new ink cartridges. The 5320 printed one document this morning then shut down and will not turn back on. Tried unplugging it, moving it to another room, different power cord - nothing.

From the VOLUMES of posts on the forum with this same problem it would appear this is a wide-spread issue - something Canon is fully aware of - or should be fully aware.

Headed to Office Depot to buy a new printer. SPOILER ALERT - It WILL NOT BE A Canon!! #DONEWITHCANON

Hi, jim11hic!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements