cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 2500 not displaying status while printing

voyeuse
Contributor

The Canon printers I've used before all displayed a small status window that showed the course of printing, ink levels etc. This happened automatically without any prompting. But I can't find a way to get the new machine to do the same. If I click on Printer Status on the Maintenance tab with the printer off I see the window I want (saying printer is standing by). Question is, how to get it to appear when the printer is working?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit with a usb connection.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi voyeuse,

Please confirm that the printer is set to display the status window when printing. The following steps will assist you:

1. Bring up the Printer Status window.
  2. Click on OPTIONS in the upper left corner.
  3. Make sure there is a check mark next to ENABLE STATUS MONITOR & ALWAYS DISPLAY CURRENT JOB
  4. If there is a check mark missing from either one, click on the box to check it.
  5. Close the Printer Status window.
  6. Perform a test print.

View solution in original post

Many thnaks, Caemene, problem solved. Though I can't help thinking I should have seen that myself...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi voyeuse,

Please confirm that the printer is set to display the status window when printing. The following steps will assist you:

1. Bring up the Printer Status window.
  2. Click on OPTIONS in the upper left corner.
  3. Make sure there is a check mark next to ENABLE STATUS MONITOR & ALWAYS DISPLAY CURRENT JOB
  4. If there is a check mark missing from either one, click on the box to check it.
  5. Close the Printer Status window.
  6. Perform a test print.

Many thnaks, Caemene, problem solved. Though I can't help thinking I should have seen that myself...

Announcements