cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper jam in Pixma iP4300

Geogeorge
Apprentice

Today I had a sheet of paper jam up in my Pixma iP4300 printer. I lifted the cover and removed the crumpled sheet, which was intact. No stray bits left behind. Afterwards, when I try to print from the computer I get a "no paper" message. Pushing the paper feed button doesn't help.  The odd thing is that the printer loads paper just fine when I use the maintenance modes (print head allignment, roller cleaning, etc.). The load failure only happens when files are sent from the P.C. Shutting down and restarting the computer doesn't help. Anybody have any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks, George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi Geogeorge,

To try and resolve the issue, you will want to ensure that the paper size and type selected in the printer driver match the type and size of paper loaded in the printer.  Please also make sure that the paper is loaded in the paper source selected in the printer driver.  

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Geogeorge,

To try and resolve the issue, you will want to ensure that the paper size and type selected in the printer driver match the type and size of paper loaded in the printer.  Please also make sure that the paper is loaded in the paper source selected in the printer driver.  

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion and quick response. Resetting the paper source instantly solved the problem.
George
Announcements