cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA mx922 MAC 10.6.7 drivers/software

hhale3550
Contributor

I have downloaded the "drivers" for the printer listed above, and even tho the documentation says this driver supports my OS (10.6.7) my Mac will not allow the install, saying I need to update. However - I can't get an update on the Apple store. Any suggestions? 

Also, got Code 6000 and code 6001 brand new, right out of the box. Customer service was nice, but not effective enough to get my printer operable. "Russ" says he is sending a replacement, but I have not received any tracking number or other email confirmation of a replacement shipment.  AND the driver link he sent me (again reassuring me that my OS is compatible) is the same one that doesn't work.  Color me stumped, but if this takes more than 1 more week to be fully operational - I will be returning the entire printer for full refund from where I purchased it.

Appreciate any feedback that may help.

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi hhale3550,

The PIXMA MX922 is supported on 10.6, so there is nothing to worry about! It's possible the error codes you are running into are affecting the installation. When the replacement printer arrives, feel free to reach out to our support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT). They will be happy to walk you through the process step-by-step. Our support team can also let you know about your replacement printer, so feel free to check in with them for the status of the replacement as well.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for your prompt Reply Jason (Moderator) - My printer setup really doesn't have anything to do with my inability to install the 10.6.7 OS drivers. My MAS installer says the driver does not support my OS version and I need to "upgrade."  When my replacement printer gets here, I will try again to contact tech support for driver install specifics.  Thank you for the tracking information.

So Jason:

I have initialized my replacement printer, installed cartridges, done printhead alignment copied a black and white and color paper. Also set up my wireless, but the drivers still detected for my 10.6.7 OS are still not allowing me to install them - none of the drivers that are linked to this OS version 10.6.7 will install, printer, scanner, etc.

Should I download the drivers for a previous OS version?

Thx

Hi hhale3550,

We're glad to hear the replacement printer arrived safely!

If you are running into any difficulty installing the printer, please reach out to our US-based technical support team. They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

The forums are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way, so reaching our support team is a much more efficient way to get help for technical matters. Good luck!

Jason:

FYI to you and all the other viewers of this thread --- the printer drivers for the PIXMA MX922 WILL NOT install with any other MAC OS less thn 10.6.8.  I had to update my operating system before it would let me install the drivers.

Announcements