cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8750 guidance needed please!

HoodTube
Apprentice

Hi folks. I'm trying to print from my PIXMA iP8750 printer on to semi-gloss cardstock (packaging type stuff). Unfortunately it's not going too well. There's no paper setting for this when I go to the print setup, so I'm unsure what to use. I'm using Photoshop CS6 on a Macbook Pro. Here's a screenshot of my options. Other types include "Other photo paper" and Disc printing etc. 

Print options.png

I get slightly better results on the "Plain paper" setting than I did when trying the Semi-gloss photo paper setting (I know it isn't photo paper but thought I'd try that), which turned out terribly, visible pooling and everything. "Plain paper" doesn't cause the pooling so much, but it's still wet and smudging after a fairly long time drying (I'm trying to print a large area of black). Also been using the Canon IJ Color Printer Profile 2005 ICC. Seems like I just need a setting that prints less ink, or maybe the cardstock is useless for this application. Though it does seem to dry eventually. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Dye ink printers like yours rely on the ink being absorbed into the paper coating. The product you describe doesn't seem to be absorbent; that is why the ink pools.

It's not an ideal product for dye ink printing. You will just have to experiment.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements